A World of Art Awaits, No Passport Required.
Pablo Picasso Art Tour
Explore the Master of Modern Art Picasso from Chicago to Paris
About The Art Tour
Step into the world of Pablo Picasso through an exclusive live two-hour virtual tour, featuring over 100 masterpieces sourced from top museums and private collections from around the globe. Led by the distinguished Art Historian Johanna Boyes, this immersive experience is a deep dive into Picasso's life, art, and the intricate web of connections that shaped his creative journey.
Picasso from Chicago to Paris.
- Traverse his formative years and early creations, tracing the roots of his genius.
- Engage with the emotive tapestries of the Blue and Rose periods, capturing his profound emotional spectrum.
- Decode the influence of the African Period, the revolutionary force of Cubism, and the innovation of Collages.
- Immerse yourself in the surreal landscapes and masterful prints that defined his illustrious career.
Our Pablo Picasso Experience is Live.
Enriching Conversations Await: Stay for the optional post-tour discussion with our expert. Delve deeper into Picasso's world, share your insights, and engage in thought-provoking conversations surrounded by his timeless artworks and pictures.
Essential Information for a Seamless Experience with Picasso Paintings:
- This artistic adventure unfolds via Zoom. Ensure you have the Zoom app downloaded on your chosen device.
- A stable Wi-Fi connection is imperative for uninterrupted immersion.
- Watch on your computer, tablet, iPhone, or TV for varying degrees of visual splendor.
- Your Zoom link will be emailed on the morning of the tour. For assistance, reach out to our organizer.
- Arrive early to troubleshoot any technical concerns, ensuring a glitch-free journey.
- Need to reschedule? Email us in advance to transfer your ticket to a preferred date.
Experience Picasso in Real-Time: Please note that our tours are live and not recorded, respecting the copyrights of the showcased artworks. Immerse yourself in the authenticity of Picasso's creations and discover the depth of his art through exquisite pictures.
Elevate your artistic awareness with this unparalleled virtual encounter. Reserve your spot now for a transformative journey through the artistic tapestries of Picasso's world, enriched with captivating images of his artistry.
About Johanna Boyes
Johanna earned her BA in Art History and Anthropology from Binghamton University and went on to obtain an MA in Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies from the University of East Anglia. Johanna’s research interests are broad, but tend to focus on 19th and 20th century art. Her work has appeared in the International Journal of Art and Art History and the Journal of Student Research. Additionally, she has given talks on Picasso at the Sainsbury Centre of Visual Arts, collaborated on an exhibition at the Binghamton University Art Museum, and created digital content for Hungate Medieval Art.
Our Sources of Contributions
- Chicago Art Institute
- Hermitage Museum
- Kunstmuseum Bern
- Lincoln University, Barnes Foundation
- Melville Hall Collection, New York
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- MoMA New York
- Musée Picasso, Paris, France
- Musee d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
- National Gallery of Prague
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Picasso Museum Barcelona
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Stuttgart, Staatsgalerie
- Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio
In today's digital age, virtual visits offer a cost-effective alternative to traditional travel, especially when it comes to exploring international art collections. Traveling to a physical location, particularly overseas, can be a significant financial undertaking. Between airfare, accommodation, and other travel-related expenses, the costs can quickly add up. Moreover, gaining access to some of the world's most renowned art collections can come with a hefty price tag, sometimes amounting to hundreds before entering the building. Beyond the monetary considerations, there's also the unpredictability of the art world. Imagine making the journey only to discover that the specific piece or artist's work you were eager to see is temporarily on loan to another institution. Such scenarios can be disappointing, to say the least. Recognizing these challenges, we have taken the initiative to compile a diverse range of paintings from various sources. Our digital collections ensure that art enthusiasts can access and enjoy these masterpieces without the constraints of geography, cost, or availability.
Our People Are One of A Kind
Our guides are not just casual enthusiasts; they are dedicated professionals who have invested significant time and effort in educational institutions to hone their skills and knowledge. As art historians, they have delved deep into the intricacies of art history, ensuring that they are not only well-versed but also influential voices in their field. Their passion for art is evident in their obsession with renowned artists, many of whom might be your favorites. They don't just study these artists; they immerse themselves in their works, stories, and legacies. This dedication and enthusiasm translate into engaging conversations when they discuss our collection of paintings. When you interact with our guides, you're not just getting a tour; you're getting a rich, informative, and passionate discourse on art.
Our Tickets Are Easy to Manage
Purchasing tickets for our art tours is not just a transaction; it's a commitment to an enriching experience. We understand that sometimes plans change or unforeseen circumstances arise. That's why we've made our ticketing process as flexible and user-friendly as possible. If you ever find yourself needing to reschedule your tour, there's no need to fret. Simply reach out to us before the scheduled start of the art tour, and we'll assist you in moving your booking to a new date that suits you better. Our primary goal is to ensure that you have a seamless and enjoyable experience, so we've designed our ticket management system with your convenience in mind.